Saturday, January 15, 2011

Graduation Day

Graduation day is the day that all the children received their certificates of completion. We moved the ship, sound system, and stage down the street to the basketball courts to accomodate all the children. We shook hands with over 400 children who received their certificates. They had to have attended the VBS all five days. They were so proud. They wore their new red shirts with pride as they crossed the stage and shook our hands.

Although inundated with heat and conditions in a culture that we were not use to, this week has proven to be priceless, one we will never forget. I have never considered myself the missionary type. But I can say for certain that I am one who's heart was captured by a people who are loved by my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment