Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm a missionary....

Yes, I'm packing for the Philippines. My husband, and five other people leave for the airport on Tuesday nite. We fly out on China Air at 12:00 midnight. We'll arrive first in Taiwan after about 14 hours. Then on to the Philippines. I have just one question, what was I thinking?

You see, I'm the kind of person that loves the Lord, will do anything that I'm able to do for Him. But as a teen ager, I specifically told Him that I was not missionary material. Not even close. So what am I doing, going to the urban area of Manila? That's a great question. One that I don't have a short answer for. Except that somehow, my husband got me to agree to go with him. He's been on many missions trips. And he is half Filipino. He is the one who organized the trip. We are planning to minister to the children by serving in a vacation Bible school with Missionaries Mark and Sarah Brown.

Sounds great right? Well, I have never been out of the country. I always thought my first trip abroad would be Paris. We're bypassing Paris by a longshot. So I found myself wandering the stores of the mall. What does one wear on a missions trip? I searched for mission trip clothes. I had no idea what I was looking for. The best I could do was put together some sort of ensemble that resembled a summer camping trip in a travel trailer. I hope it will do. After all, I'm a missionary....

No comments:

Post a Comment