Tuesday, January 11, 2011

High Seas Adventure








Just completed day two of our VBS. Cosey and I told the Bible story 6 times each day. I think we're figuring out what to do! It's been a lot of fun to share the Bible stories to so many children. We are in a porch like area in the neighborhood and many people gathered around to hear the stories. The other stations, crafts and games are across the street in a large basketball court.

We are averaging almost 400 children a day. They seem to be warming up to the "visitors," and are much warmer than they originally were. These blond haired visitor's aren't quite so scary.

We got to ride in a Jeepney today and then go to dinner at a local food court. It was a very fun ride, but the fumes of the vehicles were overwhelming.

I think that I am overcoming my culture shock. It's getting easier, especially when you walk in the neighborhoods and the children and their families start to recognize you. They shout your name and wave. My heart becomes increasingly tender towards these kids and their families. They are really a gracious and precious people. Our teen leaders in the church are amazing, and also very precious. I don't know what we would do without them.

I am so overwhelmed and grateful for this opportunity. Although everyday presents it's own challenges and new experiences, I know this trip will mold my heart and my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment